Editors never die. They fade to black. If you find solace and inner peace by reflecting about life and its infinite mysteries by watching paint dry you might as well become a video editor and think about “it all” while you are waiting for your software to render out your latest masterpiece. If you think you got the fastest click in the west and you know how to slice, dice and transition footage into something amazing – please apply!
- Ability to compile shots and edits together in a modern & creative way
- A good sense of narrative, structure, tone, pace and shot selections.
- Experiment with different styles and techniques and apply creative approaches that inform and increase dramatic or entertainment value of productions
- Must be able to get the most out of scarce resources
- Have a good understanding of various video formats and codecs
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work at the highest possible level
- A high level of technical expertise and attention to detail
- Motivated and self-driven
- Good people skills – will be required to work closely with a diverse creative team
- Problem solver – Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems
- Demo-reel required
- Speak Afrikaans, Zulu, Xhosa or Portuguese
- Promo/trailer editing experience